If nothing else, my life is interesting and I don't think I could handle if it became any more so.
My daughter and I both had doctor's appointments today so we were out most of the afternoon. Got home to find Mouse the Mighty (our Saint Bernard puppy) had busted in my bedroom door. Not tore it down in typical Beethoven style but simply hit it hard enough to release the doorknob. So far he is the only one to be able to do it. Even though the three cats normally stay in my room, there is no problem because it is a mutual love between them.
Today wasn't a typical day though. I had left Holly, who would love every cat to be served on toast, loose in the house. Mouse comes out to meet us when get got home but at first, I didn't see Holly.
There we heard a "thump, thunk, thump, aarrooohooh" sound coming from my bathroom. Look in the bathroom, no dog. "Thump, thunk, thump." hmm, sounds like it is coming from under the tub. It is then that I notice the tub inclosure moving.
"What the hell?"
Looking again, I realize the cabinet doors I had been leaving open to let the heat from the house get to the pipes were now closed.
"Aaroroooohoh, thump thump."
Two cats sitting around the room looking really pissed off. On sitting on the bed staring at me as if to dare me to finish reaching for the cabinet door. I opened the cabinet door and who should be under the tub, looking out of the tiny access panel from the cabinet but Holly? Yes, all 65 lbs of big, muscled up, should have been a tank, Holly.
Let me just say that a smooth collie in fully extended pursuit is a much skinnier dog than one very ashamed, stuck under an enclosed garden tub collie. She'd poke her head out, and the cats would, "Yeowlll, grrrrlll" at her and the head would go back in.
She wanted nothing to do with the cats. Nothing to do with me. Didn't really care about the cheese bribe to come out. Her head was actually all that COULD come out.
It took some dismantling of the garden tub's enclosure, ripping of the siding that boxed in the access panel but Holly is now out and a little worse for wear because when it comes to fighting in a very small, tight space, a big collie is at a distinct disadvantage to a small, agile, pissed off cat.
No comments:
Post a Comment